Financial stress is one of the hardest to shake. Constant, low grade, background worry can melt into every part of your life. What are some tips and strategies for coping with money worries? How can we face financial stresses and free ourselves from them?
In hard economic times, we all know what financial stress is.
- Wondering how we will pay the bills
- Worrying if we will loose our job
- Worrying about how to find a new job
- Playing “musical bills”, paying only the most pressing bills
- Strategizing how to sell your house in a soft market before you go into default
- Choosing between taking a job which takes you or your spouse far away or risking no job at all
- Having to say “no” to your children because you don’t have the money for their clubs or activities
What do we do about it?
All of these decisions result in huge, on-going background stress. Even when you are relaxing and having fun, you can never totally let go.
Obviously, it is ideal to not worry. Living in total acceptance of whatever happens is always the best way to avoid stress.
After that, you can manage the stress. Take a walk. Go to a yoga class. Try to get your mind off of stress and onto fun.
And finally, you can improve your financial situation. How can you have some extra money so that you don’t need to worry?
Reduce Your Financial Stress and Mother at the Same Time
As mothers, we need to both gain financial freedom and have the flexibility to care for the people we love. Sometimes it seems like these two goals are mutually exclusive.
You can do both of these things by running an internet business from home. Working at home, and by leveraging the internet for its ability to communicate and reach people all over the country–all over the world, you can build a business which stabilizes your finances and relieves your financial stress.