Need a great stress relief tool? Try using essential oil. Use them everyday and they will revive your spirit, replenish your body, and even balance your hormones. Their potent plant medicine works to relax your physical body, calm your emotions and lift your spirit.
Essential oils can be used many ways. It is easy and quite beneficial to begin casually, using them in our everyday life and with little fretting about the therapeutic benefits of the plants. The plants will support your body, but by using the oils practically, you can avoid the “I don’t know about these things” overwhelm.
There is really only one thing to remember when using the oils this way:
Use your Essential Oils!
Thinking about essential oils, or buying them and leaving them on the shelf will not get the desired long-term effects. Even a drop in your bath once in a while is better than nothing.
The trick to everyday oil use is to use the oils in your normal daily routines, slipping them into what you already do, or substituting them for other more toxic products. Add a drop of lemon oil to your drinking water. Lemon lifts your mood, and is anti-tumoral, but who needs to know that when your water tastes good? You drink your water like normal, but now it’s better for you.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils Everyday:
- You get the wonderful therapeutic qualities of the oils but don’t need a vast amount of aromatherapy knowledge.
- You reduce your dependence on other more toxic products.
- You enjoy the aromas! I have a hard time being morose and stressed when slathering on my favorite oils–they are just too much fun.
Some Everyday Oil Uses
- Put a drop of lemon oil in your drinking water.
- Put a drop of lavender on a cotton ball and put it in your drawer. Your clothing will smell nice, the lavender will relax you, and the moths and insects will be repelled from your drawer.
- Diffuse the blend Peace & Calming, lavender or frankincense instead of using a toxic room freshener.
- Use the blend Purification to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
- Put a drop of the blend Thieves on your hands to kill germs instead of using a hand sanitizer.
- Put a drop of lavender on a cloth and throw it in your dryer to freshen your laundry.
- Put a drop of lemon in your dishwater or dishwasher to cut grease.
- Spritz the blend Purification to kill mildew, and neutralize cigarette smoke and other odors.
- Use a drop of lemon to remove the gummy labels from containers. Be careful if the container is plastic–test it first.
- Use a drop of lemon, oregano, basil, thyme or black pepper in recipes as seasonings.
Anyway that you can incorporate essential oil use into your routines will increase your health. Using lemon oil to cut grease in your dishwater will not prevent the lemon molecules from stimulating the limbic part of your brain and lifting your spirits too.