Modern life is stressful.
Cell phones everywhere, long commutes, dozens of after-school activities, caring for parents, jobs, bills… The list is long.
The list is so long that we have begun to think that stress is normal. Stress is acceptable. And we should all cope with stress valiantly.
In fact, people who refuse work because they are “too busy” are sometimes viewed as lazy.
But do our bodies agree with this social norm?
The evidence says, “NO”. Stress takes its toll.
High stress and good health do not usually exist hand in hand.
Conditions often linked with stress:
- Heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes and other circulatory problems
- Gastrointestinal problems including constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating and weight-gain or loss
- Immune system suppression
- Skin conditions
- Conditions associated with inflammation
- Low libido
- Back aches
Too often we let stress run rampant and don’t address the toll on our body until it is very late.
Find out how stress and health are linked and natural ways to prevent illness.
Stress and Health:
- Acne Alternative Treatment: Alternative treatment options to clear your acne and reduce the load of toxins in your body.
- Does Stress Cause Acne?: Acne during exams? A deadline? The Holidays? Find out how and why you breakout under stress.
- Stress Acne: Reduce Inflammation for Prevention and Treatment: Stress acne is a symptom of a taxed immune system. To clear your skin, reduce inflammation through diet and other natural methods.
- Stress Related Insomnia: What are the signs of stress related insomnia and how do western medicine and Chinese medicine view the condition?
- Improving your Sleep and Relaxation Naturally: Nine natural tips to improve your sleep and relaxation. When everything the ‘experts’ suggest doesn’t work, try these ideas.
- Trouble Sleeping? How’s your Marriage?: Unhappy marriages mean sleeping for women is difficult, a study reports. Relationship stress and health are closely linked.
- Good Sleep and Stress Relief with Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can help sleep and stress relief. Find out which oils to use so you can sleep well tonight.
High Blood Pressure:
- Stress and High Blood Pressure: Is it inevitable to end up with hypertension if you have stress? And how do you relieve the high blood pressure naturally?
- Asthma and Stress: Asthma and Stress can cycle together, each making the other worse. Learn how to improve your symptoms naturally and breathe easy.
- Stress and Hair Loss: Double Anxiety: Can stress cause hair loss and if so, how? What can you do about it?
- Coloring your Gray Hair: Natural ways to color and disguise your stress-related gray hair.
- Treating Stress Related Hair Loss: When the effects of stress steal your beautiful hair, what are your treatment options?
- Does Stress Cause Gray Hair? : Find out how does stress cause gray hair and what you can do to stop premature aging.
- How to Give Yourself a Foot Massage: Supplies Part 1: To massage your foot, there are no special supplies needed, however there are some supplies to make it especially nice. Find out how to give yourself a wonderful foot massage.
- How to Give Yourself a Foot Massage: Techniques Part 2: Simple techniques to massage your foot and relax from a stressful day. With relief from pinchy shoes, relaxation moves to your whole body.
- Head Forward Posture: A Source for Back Pain: When you sit with head forward posture, you can develop back, neck and shoulder aches, and this can compound your stress. Find out how to improve your posture.
- The Body Back Buddy: A Good Tool for your Sore Back: The Body Back Buddy is one tool that can help release tight, stressed muscles. Find out how to use it to give yourself a massage.
- Shoulders (trapezius muscles): Find out why your trapezius muscle is one of the most affected by stress and what you can do to relieve the pain.
- Stress and Stomach Problems: Natural ways to relieve the symptoms of IBS and other stress stomach problems.