Sometimes you race from one appointment to the next. You get so busy that figuring out how to slow down becomes another challenge. You could use a few quick tips. For moms on the go, here are 10 great ways to reduce stress.
In the spirit of David Letterman, we will start with #10.
Drum roll please….
The Top 10 Quick Tips for Moms to Reduce Stress
10. List 3 things you are grateful for. Better yet, buy a pretty journal and start a “Gratitude Journal”. Each morning list 3 things to be grateful for. To up the ante, list 3 different things every day.
9. Take a walk in nature. Even if your nature walk is around the city block, take a walk, breathe deeply, notice the flowers and trees, listen for birds. A 10 minute walk can be quite refreshing.
8. Take a weekend “at home vacation”. This is one of the best tips for moms because it is so not what we do at home. Take a weekend and pretend you are at a hotel, only you are in you PJ’s at home. No chores, no laundry, no business. Tell the kids you are on vacation and they heat up the frozen pizzas themselves for the weekend. Rent a bunch of chick-flick videos, give yourself a facial, and take naps.
7. Plan a fun unusual date with yourself. Do something you have always wanted to do. Drive by that new florist everyday and wondered what she has? Stop in. Always wanted to glaze some pottery at the you-glaze-it-yourself shop? Give it a try. Skinny dipping in the lake? Why not?
6. Plan a retreat. Pick up the phone and make a reservation for a weekend alone at a retreat center. Plan to spend time not talking, not being interrupted, not caring for others. Just be quiet and relax.
5. Get together with a girlfriend. Eat chocolate.
4. Take 1 hour and do something creative that you enjoy. Paint, write, dance, work in the garden. Make time for creativity.
3. Exercise. Plan some exercise which you really enjoy. Better yet, be outdoors if you can. Sun. Getting your heart pumping. It all make you relax more.
2. Make a “(insert your name here) Budget”. Make a budget of your time (like you would budget your money) which includes time for yourself. If every week you have an hour for something you enjoy you will begin to replenish yourself.
…And the #1 Idea of the
Top 10 Quick Tips for Moms to Reduce Stress….
1. Do it! You know what you need. In your deepest heart, you already know what is lacking for you and what would make you feel better. So do it. Whatever it is, find a way to give yourself what you need.